Burton Latimer is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1538
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1706
Nonconformists include: Particular Baptist and Wesleyan Methodist.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BURTON-LATIMER, a parish in Kettering district, Northampton; adjacent to the Leicester and Bedford railway, 3½ miles SE of Kettering. It has a station, jointly with Isham, on the railway, and a post office under Wellingborough. Acres, 2,690. Real property, £5,563. Pop., 1,158. Houses, 258. The property is subdivided. The manor belonged once to the Latimers. The living is a rectory in the dio. of Peterborough. Value, £1,000. Patron, the Rev. F. B. Newman. The church was restored in 1869. There are Baptist and Wesleyan chapels, a national school, and charities £290.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Kettering
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
Rural Deanery: Higham Ferrers
Poor Law Union: Kettering