Ashley, Northamptonshire Family History Guide
Ashley is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1588
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1707
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational
- Weston by Welland
- Brampton Ash
- Stoke Albany
- East Carlton
- Sutton Bassett
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ASHLEY, a parish in the district of Market-Harborough and county of Northampton; on the verge of the county, at the river Welland, in the vicinity of Medbourne-Bridge r. station, 5 miles ENE of Market-Harborough. Post Town, Market-Harborough under Rugby. Acres, 1,190. Real property, £2,620. Pop., 348. Houses, 82. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £320. Patron, the Rev. R. T. Pulteney. The church is good; and there are a Baptist chapel, and charities £24.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Kelly Post Office Directory of Northamptonshire 1869 – Google Books
Kelly Post Office Directory of Northamptonshire 1885 – Archive.org
Civil Registration District: Market Harborough
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Peterborough (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Weldon
Poor Law Union: Market Harborough