Aldwincle St Peter is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Alternative names: Aldwinkle St Peter, St Peter Aldwinkle
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1563
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1701
- Aldwincle All Saints
- Thorpe Achurch with Lilford
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ALDWINKLE-ST. PETER, a parish in Thrapston district, Northampton; on the river Nen, a mile W of Thorpe r. station, and 3 miles N by W of Thrapston. Post Town, Thrapston. Acres and property returned with Aldwinkle-All-Saints. Pop., 222. Houses, 46. The property is subdivided. A curious cruciform building, called Liveden, stands here on the Nen, erected by the Tresham family, and richly decorated with sculpture. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £230. Patron, Lord Lilford. The church is good. Thomas Fuller, the historian, was a native.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Kelly Post Office Directory of Northamptonshire 1869 – Google Books
Kelly Post Office Directory of Northamptonshire 1885 – Archive.org
Civil Registration District: Thrapston
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Peterborough (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Oundle
Poor Law Union: Thrapston