Adstone is a chapelry of Canons Ashby Ancient Parish in Northamptonshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1678
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
- Preston Capes
- Moreton Pinkney
- Canons Ashby
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ADSTONE, a chapelry in Ashby-Canons parish, Northampton; 5¾ miles SSW of Weedon r. station, and 6¾ WNW of Towcester. Post Town, Blakesley, under Towcester. Acres, 1,190. Real property, £2,281. Pop., 165. Houses, 36. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £130. Patrons, the Sons of Clergy Corporation. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Kelly Post Office Directory of Northamptonshire 1869 – Google Books
Kelly Post Office Directory of Northamptonshire 1885 – Archive.org
Civil Registration District: Towcester
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
Rural Deanery: Brackley
Poor Law Union: Towcester
Hundred: Green’s Norton