Sandiacre is an Ancient Parish in the county of Derbyshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1711
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1662
Nonconformists include: Primitive Methodist, Wesleyan Methodist, and Wesleyan Methodist Reform.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
SANDIACRE, a village and a parish in Shardlow district, Derby. The village stands on the Erewash river and canal, and on the Erewash Valley railway, 6 miles WSW of Nottingham; was once a market-town; and has a station on the railway, and a post-office under Nottingham. The parish comprises 1,420 acres. Real property, £4,168. Pop., 1,012. Houses, 241. The property is subdivided. The making of lace, warp-nets, starch, and bricks, is carried on. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £300. Patron, the Bishop of L. The church is decorated English, was .restored in 1864, and has a tower and spire. There are chapels for Wesleyans, Primitive Methodists, and U. Free Methodists.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Derbyshire parish registers. Marriages
by Phillimore, W. P. W. (William Phillimore Watts), 1853-1913, ed; Blagg, Thomas Matthews, ed
Sandiacre Derbyshire Marriages 1581 to 1812 – Archive.org
Sandiacre Derbyshire Marriages 1581 to 1812 – UK Genealogy Archives
Civil Registration District: Shardlow
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Ockbrook
Poor Law Union: Shardlow
Hundred: Morleston and Litchurch