Bradbourne Derbyshire Family History Guide
Bradbourne is an Ancient Parish in the county of Derbyshire.
Alternative names: Bradborne, Bradbourne with Ballidon
Other places in the parish include: Lea Hall, Aldwark, and Ballidon.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1713
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1673
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BRADBOURNE, a township in Ashborne district, and a parish in Ashborne and Bakewell districts, Derby. The township lies on an affluent of the river Dove, 5 miles NNE of Ashborne r. station. Real property, £2,733. Pop., 144. Houses, 28. The parish contains also the townships of Brassington, Ballidon, and Aldwark, the hamlet of Lea-Hall, and the chapelry of Atlow; and its Post Town is Brassington, under Wirksworth. Acres, 6,253. Real property, £13,699. Pop., 1,187. Houses, 248. The property is subdivided. Bradbourne Hall is a chief residence. Tissington Hall is the seat of Sir William Fitzherbert, Bart. Limestone is abundant. Roman coins have been found. The living is a vicarage, united with the p. curacy of Ballidon, in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £119. Patron, the Duke of Devonshire. The church has a Norman tower, and is good. The chapelries of Brassington and Atlow are separate benefices. Charities, £21.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Ashbourne
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Ashbourne
Poor Law Union: Ashbourne
Hundred: Appletree; Wirksworth