Cwmbach Llechrhyd a parish formed out of Diserth in 1887

Parish church:

Parish registers begin:

  • Parish registers: 1887
  • Bishop’s Transcripts:

Nonconformists include:

Parish Records

Powys Archives

The following records are available from Powys archives.

Parish Registers

Burials 1887-1992 

Marriages 1888-1971 

Baptisms 1886-1997 

Marriages 1971-1981 

Marriages 1981-1997 

Others

Invoice for preparation of nomination to the benefice, and obtaining patron’s execution. 23 Aug 1887 

Licence from the Bishop of St David’s to Montague Earle Welby MA, to perform the office of perpetual curate to the Consolidated Chapelry of St John Cwmbach Lechrhyd. 26 Aug 1887 

Canonical Oath – Declaration of Assent by Montague Earle Welby to the 39 Articles. Damaged, some of the document is missing. [28 Aug] 1877 

Letter from the Ecclesiastical Commission about the endowment of the Benefice of St John, Cwmbach Lechrhyd. The grant to be £45 per annum, to be added to the benefaction of £105 per annum to be made by Clara Thomas of Llwyn Madoc – the Patron of the Benefice. 11 Oct 1887 

Letter from the Ecclesiastical Commission enclosing a copy of the notice [missing] in the London Gazette publishing the Instrument for securing the Grant of a Stipend of £45 per annum. 23 Nov 1887 

Certificate of employers’ liability insurance for 1907/8, with notice of increase in cover during the War, 1917. 1907 – 1917 

Renewal of employers’ liability insurance, with list of workers employed by the church, by job only. 10 Jul 1935 

Parochial Church Council minute book. Book used in reverse for Vestry minutes 1920 – 1942 

Parochial Church Council minute book. Book used in reverse for Vestry minutes. 1943 – 1962 

Administration

County: Radnorshire
Civil Registration District:
Probate Court:
Diocese: Swansea and Brecon 
Rural Deanery:
Poor Law Union:
Hundred:
Province: