Ward End Warwickshire Family History Guide
Ward End is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Warwickshire, created in 1841 from Aston juxta Birmingham Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: None
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WARD-END, a chapelry in Aston parish, Warwick; near Castle-Bromwich and Erdington r. stations, 3½ miles NE of Birmingham. Post town, Birmingham. Acres, 1,075. Pop., 405. W.-E. Hall is the seat of W. Hutton, Esq. There are extensive wire mills. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £70. Patron, the Vicar of Aston. The church was rebuilt in 1835.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Aston
Probate Court: Pre-1837 – Court of the Bishop of Lichfield and Coventry (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1836 – Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Arden
Poor Law Union: Aston