Great Packington is an Ancient Parish in the county of Warwickshire.
Alternative names: Packington Magna
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1538
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1667
Nonconformists include: Roman Catholic
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
PACKINGTON (Great), a parish in Meriden district, Warwick; on the river Blythe, 2½ miles NE of Hampton-Junction r. station, and 2½ NW of Meriden. Post-town, Meriden, under Coventry. Acres, 2,451. Real property, £3,441. Pop., 336. Houses, 53. The manor, with Packington Hall, belonged formerly to the Fishers, and belongs now to the Earl of Aylesford. The living is a vicarage, united with the rectory of Little Packington, in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £460. Patron, the Earl of Aylesford. The church was rebuilt by Bonomi, after the model of the temple of Pæstum. Charities, £21.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Meriden
Probate Court: Pre-1837 – Court of the Bishop of Lichfield and Coventry (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1836 – Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Arden
Poor Law Union: Meriden