Queen Charlton is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Somerset, created in 1741 from chapelry in Keynsham Ancient Parish.
Alternative names: Queen Charleton
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1562
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1602
- Compton Dando
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CHARLETON (Queen), a parish in Keynsham district, Somerset; near Wans Dyke, 2 miles SW of Keynsham r. station, and 5 SE of Bristol. Post Town, Keynsham, under Bristol. Acres, 955. Real property, £1,956. Pop., 141. Houses, 31. The property is all in one estate. The manor belonged to Keynsham Abbey; and was given by Henry VII. to Queen Catherine. The gateway of the Abbey-grange, a Norman structure, still stands. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £65. Patron, Mrs. Dickinson. The church was recently restored.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Keynsham
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Bath and Wells (Episcopal Consistory)
Diocese: Bath and Wells
Rural Deanery: Pre-1847 – Redcliffe and Bedminster, Post-1846 – Bath
Poor Law Union: Keynsham