Aston by Sutton is a chapelry of Runcorn Ancient Parish in Cheshire.
Alternative names: Aston, Aston Sutton, Aston by Sutton with Middleton Grange
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1635
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1623
- Runcorn Weston St John
- Great Budworth
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ASTON-BY-SUTTON, or Aston-Sutton, a township chapelry in Runcorn parish, Cheshire; on the Northwestern railway and the Weaver river, near Preston-Brook r. station, and 3 miles E by N of Frodsham. It includes a place called Middleton-Grange, sometimes deemed extra-parochial; and its Post Town is Preston-Brook. Acres, 1,012. Real property, £3,021. Pop., 207. Houses, 38. Aston Hall here is the seat of Sir Arthur Aston, Bart. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Chester. Value, £88. Patron, Sir A. Aston, Bart. The original church was at Middleton; and the present one contains an old lectern.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Runcorn
Probate Court: Pre-1541 – Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1540 – Court of the Bishop of Chester (Episcopal Consistory)
Diocese: Pre-1541 – Lichfield and Coventry, Post-1540 – Chester
Rural Deanery: Frodsham
Poor Law Union: Runcorn