Audlem is an Ancient Parish in the county of Cheshire.
Other places in the parish include: Dodcott cum Wilkesley, Tittenley, Newhall, Hankelow, Wilksley, Dodcot cum Wilkesley, Buerton near Nantwich, and Buerton.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1557
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1579
Nonconformists include: Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, General Baptist, Primitive Methodist, Wesleyan Methodist, and Wesleyan Methodist Association.
- Norton in Hales
- Moreton Say
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
AUDLEM, a township in Nantwich district, Cheshire, and a parish chiefly in that district, and wholly in that county, but partly also in the district of Market-Drayton The township lies on the Nantwich and M. Drayton railway, 6 miles S of Nantwich; and has a st. on the railway. a post office under Nantwich, and fairs on 24, 25, 26 July and 28 Nov. Acres, 2,358. Real property, £7,186. Pop., 1,510. Houses, 344. The parish includes also the townships of Buerton, Hankelow, and Tittenley. Acres, 10,525. Real property, £14,092. Pop., 2,287. Houses, 505. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Chester. Value, not reported. Patron, Lord Combermere. The church is good, There are five dissenting chapels, an endowed school with £40 a year, and charities £292.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Nantwich
Probate Court: Pre-1541 – Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1540 – Court of the Bishop of Chester (Episcopal Consistory)
Diocese: Pre-1541 – Lichfield and Coventry, Post-1540 – Chester
Rural Deanery: Nantwich
Poor Law Union: Nantwich