Quendon is an Ancient Parish in the county of Essex.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1687
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1639; 1800
- Wicken Bonhunt
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
QUENDON, a parish in Saffron-Walden district, Essex; adjacent to the river Stort and the London and Cambridge railway, 3 miles N by W of Elsenham r. station, and 6 S by W of Saffron-Walden. It has a post-office under Bishop-Stortford. Acres, 643. Real property, £952. Pop., 165. Houses, 35. The manor, with Q. Hall, belongs to Capt. H. Byng. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £165. Patron, Capt. H. Byng. The church was rebuilt in 1861.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Saffron Walden
Probate Court: Court of the Commissary of the Bishop of London (Essex and Hertfordshire Division)
Diocese: Pre-1846 – London, Post-1845 – Rochester
Rural Deanery: Newport
Poor Law Union: Saffron Walden