Upminster Essex Family History Guide
Upminster is an Ancient Parish in the county of Essex.
Other places in the parish include: Hackton, Harton, Corbets Tey, and Corbetstye.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1543
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1639; 1813
Nonconformists include: General Baptist and Independent/Congregational.
- Great Warley
- North Ockendon
- South Weald
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
UPMINSTER, a parish, with a village and two hamlets, in Romford district, Essex; 3¼ miles E of Romford r. station. It has a post-office under Romford. Acres, 3,373. Real property, £8,225. Pop. in 1851, 1,228; in 1861, 1,342. Houses, 263. The property is subdivided; and there are some good residences. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £960. Patron, the Rev. H. A. Holden. The church was recently rebuilt. There are an Independent chapel and British and national schools. Derham, the author of “Physico-Theology,” was rector.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Romford
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Essex
Diocese: Pre-1846 – London, Post-1845 – Rochester
Rural Deanery: Chafford
Poor Law Union: Romford