Tysoe Warwickshire Family History Guide
Tysoe is an Ancient Parish in the county of Warwickshire.
Other places in the parish include: Lower Tysoe with Westcote, Middle Tysoe, Middle or Church Tysoe, Upper Tysoe, Westcote, Church Tysoe, and Lower Tysoe.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1575
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1620
Nonconformists include: Primitive Methodist, Roman Catholic, and Wesleyan Methodist.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
TYSOE, a parish, with a village, in Shipston-on-Stour district, Warwick; 9 miles WNW of Banbury r. station. It has a post-office under Warwick. Acres, 4,710. Real property, £7,485. Pop., 1,035. Houses, 236. The property is much subdivided. The figure of a horse, about 50 feet long, is cut on a sandstone hill, in memory of Warwick, the king-maker. The living is a vicarage, united with Compton-Wynyates, in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £266. Patron, the Marquis of Northampton. The church is ancient but good. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a national school, and charities £150.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Shipston on Stour
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Kineton
Poor Law Union: Shipston on Stour