Moreton Morrell Warwickshire Family History Guide
Moreton Morrell is an Ancient Parish in the county of Warwickshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1678
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1608
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
- Newbold Pacey
- Compton Verney
- Walton D’Eivile
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
MORETON-MORRELL, a parish in Stratford-on-Avon district, Warwickshire; on the Fosse way, 5 miles WSW of Harbury r. station, and 6¾ S by E of Warwick. Post town, Kineton, under Warwick. Acres, 536. Real property, £1,855. Pop., 266. Houses, 59. The manor belongs to John Little, Esq. Moreton Hall is the seat of John Ford, Esq.; and Moreton House, of T. H. Ward, Esq. Limestone abounds; and there is a petrifying spring. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £120. Patron, John Little, Esq. The church consists of nave, middle aisle, and chancel, with porch and tower. There are a Wesleyan chapel and a free school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Stratford on Avon
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Kineton
Poor Law Union: Stratford on Avon