Milverton Warwickshire Family History Guide
Milverton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Warwickshire.
Other places in the parish include: Ernscott, Emscote, and Edmondscott.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1742
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1664
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational
- Leamington Priors All Saints
- Guy’s Cliffe
- Warwick St Nicholas
- Leek Wootton
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
MILVERTON, a parish in the district and county of Warwick; on the river Avon, and on the Leamington and Coventry railway, 2 miles NNE of Warwick. It contains a portion of the town of Leamington, a station on the Leamington and Coventry railway, and a goods station for Leamington and Warwick on the Northwestern railway. Post town, Leamington. Acres, 1,180. Real property, £12,504. Pop. in 1851, 1,061; in 1861, 1,366. Houses, 281. Pop. of the part within Leamington town, 341. Houses, 66. Emscote Manor House is the seat of Mr. W. Newsham. The scenery within the parish, and the views commanded from it, are very fine. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £78. Patron, the Earl of Warwick. The church is ancient; and consists of nave and chancel, with a wooden belfry. A proprietorial church was built in 1836, on Milverton-hill; is an edifice in the Doric style, with tetrastyle portico, and circular bell tower; contains about 800 sittings; forms a separate charge, in the patronage of the Earl of Warwick; and is sometimes called New Milverton, while the parish church is called Old Milverton.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Warwick
Probate Court: Pre-1837 – Court of the Bishop of Lichfield and Coventry (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1836 – Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Arden
Poor Law Union: Warwick