Chadshunt is a chapelry of Bishop’s Itchington Ancient Parish in Warwickshire.
Alternative names: Chadshunt and Gaydon
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: None
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1660
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CHADSHUNT, a parish in Southam district, Warwick; 1½ mile NE of Kineton, and 5 W of Fenny-Compton r. station. Post Town, Kineton, under Warwick. Acres, 1,366. Real property, £1,770. Pop., 37. Houses, 5. The manor belonged early to the monks of Coventry; and passed to the see of Lichfield. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Bishops-Itchington, in the diocese of Worcester. An image of St. Chad, in the Romish times, stood in the churchyard, and attracted many pilgrims.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Southam
Probate Court: Court of the Peculiar of the Prebend of Bishop’s Itchington
Rural Deanery: Marton
Poor Law Union: Southam