Flushing Cornwall Family History Guide
Flushing is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Cornwall, created in 1844 from Mylor Ancient Parish.
Alternative names: Mylor St Peter
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: None
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
Nonconformists include: Bible Christian Methodist, Presbyterian, and Wesleyan Methodist.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
FLUSHING, a village and a chapelry in Mylor parish, Cornwall. The village stands on the Falmouth branch of Falmouth harbour, opposite Falmouth town and r. station; is reputed to be the warmest place in Cornwall; serves as a sub-port to Falmouth; was founded by the Trefusis family; and has a post office‡ under Falmouth. Iron-founding, ship-building, and oyster-fishing are carried on. The chapelry includes the village, and was constituted in 1844. Pop., 1,006. Houses, 224. The living is a vicarage, annexed in 1868 to the vicarage of Mylor, in the diocese of Exeter. There are three dissenting chapels, and a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Falmouth
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Cornwall
Rural Deanery: Kerrier
Poor Law Union: Falmouth