Egloshayle Cornwall Family History Guide
Egloshayle is an Ancient Parish in the county of Cornwall.
Other places in the parish include: Burlorne, Burlawn, Washaway, and Wadebridge.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1600
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1608
Nonconformists include: Bible Christian Methodist, Independent/Congregational, Presbyterian, Society of Friends/Quaker, Wesleyan Methodist, and Wesleyan Methodist Association.
- St Breoke
- St Kew
- St Mabyn
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
EGLOSHAYLE, a village, a parish, and a sub-district in Bodmin district, Cornwall. The village stands on the river Camel, ¾ of a mile SE of Wadebridge, and 9 NW of Bodmin-Road r. station; and is a seat of petty sessions. The parish comprises 5,618 acres of land, and 130 of water. Post town, Wadebridge, Cornwall. Real property, £6,616. Pop., 1,479. Houses, 303. The property is divided among a few. Pencarron has remains of a castle and an ancient camp, and belongs to the Rev. Sir Paul W. Molesworth, Bart. Park belonged to the Peverells. Ancient barrows occur at Kerry Rounds. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Exeter. . Value, 327. Patron, the Bishop of Exeter. The church has a tower and a curious stone pulpit; and is good. There are chapels for Wesleyans and United Free Methodists. Charities, £12. The sub-district contains also three other parishes. Acres, 25,674. Pop., 4,964. Houses, 1,072.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Bodmin
Probate Court: Court of the Peculiars of the Court of the Bishop of Exeter (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Pre-1848 – None, Post-1847 – Trigg Minor
Poor Law Union: Bodmin