Budock is a chapelry of St Gluvias Ancient Parish in Cornwall.
Other places in the parish include: Treverva.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1652
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1610
Nonconformists include: Primitive Methodist, Roman Catholic, Society of Friends/Quaker, and Wesleyan Methodist.
- St Gluvias
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BUDOCK, a parish in Falmouth district, Cornwall. It adjoins Falmouth on the SW, extends thence to Falmouth bay, includes Pendennis Castle, and has ready communication with Falmouth r. station; and its Post Town is Falmouth. Acres, 4,214; of which 295 are water. Real property, £10,671. Pop., 2,251. Houses, 411. The property is divided among a few. Granite abounds; and copper ore is worked. A college was founded, in 1270, at Glasenay, by Bishop Bronescombe. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the vicarage of St. Gluvias, in the diocese of Exeter. The church contains monuments of the Killigrews; and is good. There are a Wesleyan chapel, and charities £10. A fair is held on 12 Aug.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Falmouth
Probate Court: Court of the Peculiars of the Court of the Bishop of Exeter (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Pre-1848 – None, Post-1847 – Kerrier
Poor Law Union: Falmouth