Knowl Hill Berkshire Family History Guide
Knowl Hill is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Berkshire, created in 1842 from Hurley Ancient Parish and Wargrave Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1842
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1842
Nonconformists include: Baptist
- Waltham St Lawrence
- White Waltham with Shottesbrooke
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
KNOWL-HILL, a village in Hurley parish, and a chapelry partly also in Wargrave parish, Berks. The village stands 3 miles NE of Twyford r. station, and 4½ WSW of Maidenhead; and has a post office under Reading. The chapelry was constituted in 1842. Pop. in 1861, 850. Houses, 176. Pop.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Cookham; Wokingham
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Berkshire
Diocese: Pre-1836 – Salisbury, Post-1835 – Oxford
Rural Deanery: Reading
Poor Law Union: Cookham
Hundred: Beynhurst; Wargrave