Rolleston is an Ancient Parish in the county of Staffordshire.
Other places in the parish include: Anslow, Needwood Forest Allotments, Needwood Forest, Annesley, and Needwood.
Alternative names: Rolleston on Dove
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1569
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1662
Separate registers exist for Needwood Forest
- Parish registers: None
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1813
Nonconformists include: Primitive Methodist, Roman Catholic, and Wesleyan Methodist.
- Marston upon Dove
- Burton upon Trent Christ Church
- Burton upon Trent Holy Trinity
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ROLLESTON, a township and a parish in Burton-upon-Trent district, Stafford. The township lies on the verge of the county, near the river Dove, 1¼ mile S by W of Tutbury r. station, and 3 NW by N of Burton-upon-Trent; and has a post-office under Burton-upon-Trent. Real property, £5,222. Pop., 608. Houses, 130. The parish contains also the township of Anslow, and comprises 3,847 acres. Real property, £8,151 . Pop., 956. Houses, 204. The property is divided among a few. The manor, with R. Hall, belongs to Sir O. Mosley, Bart. The Hall is a meet for the Hoar-Cross hounds. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £664. Patron, Sir O. Mosley, Bart. The church is ancient, was restored in 1845, and has a tower and spire. The p. curacy of Anslow is a separate benefice. There are a Wesleyan chapel, an endowed school with £37 a year, and alms-houses and other charities with £158.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch – Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Civil Registration District: Burton upon Trent
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Tutbury
Poor Law Union: Burton upon Trent
Hundred: North Offlow