Winchmore Hill Middlesex Family History Guide
Winchmore Hill is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Middlesex, created in 1851 from Edmonton All Saints Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: None
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
Nonconformists include: Baptist, Independent/Congregational, Society of Friends/Quaker, and Wesleyan Methodist Reform.
- Enfield Christ Church, Trent Park
- Enfield St Andrew
- East Barnet
- Upper Edmonton
- Edmonton All Saints
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WINCHMORE-HILL, a chapelry, with a village, in Edmonton parish, Middlesex; 1¾ mile SW by S of Enfield r. station, and 2½ NW of Upper Edmonton. It was constituted in 1851; and it has a post-office under London N-Pop., 1,674. Houses, 352. There are many good residences. A branch railway to the Great Northern was begun to be formed in 1869. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of London. Value, £331. Patron, the Vicar of Edmonton. The church has a fine E window. There are three dissenting chapels and a suite of national schools; and the last was built in 1861, and is a very handsome structure, with a clock tower.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Edmonton
Probate Court: Court of the Commissary of the Bishop of London (London Division)
Rural Deanery: Not created until 1858
Poor Law Union: Edmonton