Midgham Berkshire Family History Guide
Midgham is a chapelry of Thatcham Ancient Parish in Berkshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1622
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1607
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
MIDGHAM, a chapelry in Thatcham parish, Berks; on the river Kennet, the Kennet and Avon canal, and the Great Western railway, near Woolhampton r. station, and 7 miles E of Newbury. Post town, Woolhampton, under Reading. Acres, 1,730. Real property, £2,498. Pop., 233. Houses, 56. The property is divided among a few. Midgham House is the seat of B. B. Green, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £105. Patron, not reported. The church is ancient.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Newbury
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Berkshire
Diocese: Pre-1836 – Salisbury, Post-1835 – Oxford
Rural Deanery: Newbury
Poor Law Union: Newbury