HILDERSTONE, a village and a chapelry in Stone parish, Stafford. The village stands 3½ miles ENE of Stone r. station, and has a post office under Stone. The chapelry was constituted in 1841. Real property, £3,448. Pop., 448. Houses, 90. Hilderstone Hall is the seat of J. Bourne, Esq. Shoemaking is a considerable occupation. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £120. Patron, J. Bourne, Esq. The church was built in 1833, and has a tower and spire.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Stone
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Stone
Poor Law Union: Stone
Hundred: South Pirehill