Allhallows Cumberland Family History Guide
Allhallows is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Cumberland, created in 1746 from chapelry in Aspatria Ancient Parish.
Other places in the parish include: Harby Brow, Unckmanby, Whithall, and Baggry.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1666
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1663
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ALLHALLOWS, a parish in Wigton district, Cumberland; on the river Ellen, 2 miles SE of Brayton r. station, and 7 SW of Wigton. Post Town, Aspatria under Carlisle. Acres, 1,860. Real property, £2,195. Pop., 256. Houses, 47. The property includes the manors of Baggrey, Harby-Brow. Uuckmanby, and Whithall. Coal, lime, and freestone are worked. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Carlisle. Value, £90. Patron, the Bishop of Carlisle. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch – Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Civil Registration District: Wigton
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Carlisle (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Allerdale
Poor Law Union: Wigton
Hundred: Allerdale below Derwent Ward