Coseley Staffordshire Family History Guide
Coseley is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Staffordshire, created in 1832 from Sedgley Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1830
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1830
Nonconformists include: Baptist, Particular Baptist, Presbyterian, Primitive Methodist, and Wesleyan Methodist.
- Wednesbury St James
- Tipton St Martin
- Bilston St Luke
- Bilston St Mary
- Ocker Hill
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
COSELEY, a village and a chapelry in Sedgley parish, Stafford. The village stands on the Birmingham canal, near the Birmingham and Wolverhampton railway, 1½ mile S of Bilston; and has a post office under Bilston, and a station, jointly with Deepfield, on the railway. The chapelry includes the village and a tract around it; and was constituted in 1832. Pop., 15,796. Houses, 3,022. The inhabitants are employed chiefly in the iron and the coal trade. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £250. Patron, the Earl of Dudley.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch – Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Civil Registration District: Dudley
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Himley
Poor Law Union: Dudley
Hundred: North Seisdon