Upton Berkshire Family History Guide
Upton is a chapelry of Blewbury Ancient Parish in Berkshire.
Alternative names: Upton with Nottingham Fee
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1588
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
- East Ilsley
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
UPTON, a chapelry in Blewberry parish, Berks; 2½ miles SSW of Didcot r. station, and 6 WSW of Wallingford. Post town, Wallingford. Acres, 1,378. Real property, £1,985. Pop., 306. Houses, 63. The property is chiefly divided among five. The living is a vicarage, united with Aston-Upthorpe, in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £88. Patron, the Bishop of O. The church is Norman, but was recently about to be superseded by a new edifice. There are a Wesleyan chapel, and a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch – Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Civil Registration District: Wantage
Probate Court: Court of the Peculiar of the Dean of Salisbury
Diocese: Pre-1836 – Salisbury, Post-1835 – Oxford
Rural Deanery: Pre-1846 – Salisbury, Post-1845 – Reading
Poor Law Union: Wantage