Denchworth is an Ancient Parish in the county of Berkshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1538
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1606
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
- Charney Bassett
- West Challow
- East Challow
- West Hanney
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
DENCHWORTH, a parish in Wantage district, Berks; on the river Ock and the Great Western railway, 1½ mile E of Faringdon-Road r. station, and 2¼ N by W of Wantage. Post town, Wantage. Acres, 1,060. Real property, £1,995. Pop., 257. Houses, 47. The property is divided among a few. The manor belonged to the Hydes and the Fettiplaces. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford. Value, 130. Patron, Worcester College, Oxford. The church is ancient and cruciform, with a tower; contains some old monuments; and is good. There are a Wesleyan chapel, and charities £9.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch – Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Civil Registration District: Wantage
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Berkshire
Diocese: Pre-1836 – Salisbury, Post-1835 – Oxford
Rural Deanery: Abingdon
Poor Law Union: Wantage
Hundred: Ock; Wantage