Tedstone Wafer is an Ancient Parish in the county of Herefordshire.
Status: Ancient Parish
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1729
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1660
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
TEDSTONE-WAFER, a parish in Bromyard district, Hereford; 3&hg. miles NNE of Bromyard, and 7¼ SSE of Newnham r. station. It has a post-office under Worcester. Acres, 683. Real property, £703. Pop., 74. Houses, 17. The living is a rectory, annexed to Edwin-Loach.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Lewis Topographical Dictionary of England 1845
TEDSTONE-WAFER, a parish, in the union of Bromyard, hundred of Broxash, county of Hereford, 3 ¾ miles (N. E. by N.) from Bromyard; containing 92 inhabitants. It comprises 800 acres : limestone abounds in the neighbourhood. The living is a rectory, united to that of Edvin-Loach, and valued in the king’s books at £1. 10. : the tithes have been commuted, for £80, and the glebe comprises 2 acres.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis Fifth Edition Published London; by S. Lewis and Co., 13, Finsbury Place, South. M. DCCC. XLV.
FamilySearch – Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Civil Registration District: Bromyard
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Frome
Poor Law Union: Bromyard