Little Marcle is an Ancient Parish in Herefordshire. Part of the parish boundary forms part of the county boundary with Preston, Gloucestershire.
Status: Ancient Parish
Parish church: St Michael and All Angels
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1748
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1660
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
MARCLE (LITTLE), a parish in Ledbury district, Hereford; on an affluent of the river Leadon, adjacent to Gloucestershire, 3¼ miles SW of Ledbury r. station. It has a post office under Ledbury. Acres, 1,218. Real property, £1,753. Pop., 168. Houses, 29. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to Earl Somers. The surface is boldly undulating. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £230. Patron, the Bishop of Hereford. The church was rebuilt in 1869; and is in the decorated English style, with a bell-turret. Charities, £4.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch – Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Civil Registration District: Ledbury
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Frome
Poor Law Union: Ledbury