Middleton on the Hill Herefordshire Family History Guide
Status: Ecclesiastical Parish
Parish church: St. Mary
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1650
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1660
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
MIDDLETON-ON-THE-HILL, a parish in Leominster district, Hereford; near the boundary with Salop, 3 miles SE of Woofferton-Junction r. station, and 5 NE by N of Leominster. Post town, Leominster. Acres, 2,921. Real property, £3,304; of which £23 are in quarries. Pop., 445. Houses, 79. The property is much subdivided. Moor Abbey and Withers are chief residences. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the vicarage of Kimbolton, in the diocese of Hereford. The church is ancient but good, and has a tower.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1848
Middleton-on-the-Hill, a parish in the hund, of Wolphy, union of Leominster, county of Hereford; 4½ miles north-east by north of Leominster. Living, a perpetual curacy annexed to that of Kimbolton. Here are 3 daily schools. Acres 2,280. Houses 72. A. P. £2,639. Pop., in 1801, 308; in 1831, 413. Poor rates, in 1838, £167 11s.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1848.
FamilySearch – Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Civil Registration District: Leominster
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Leominster
Poor Law Union: Leominster