Roxton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Bedfordshire.
Other places in the parish include: Chawson and Colesdon.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1684
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1602
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational and Roman Catholic.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ROXTON, a village and a parish in the district and county of Bedford. The village stands near the river Ouse, 2½ miles N W of Tempsford r. station, and 4½ SSW of St. Neots; and has a post-office under St. Neots. The parish contains also the hamlets of Chawson and Colesdon. Acres, 2,880. Real property, £5,095. Pop., 688. Houses, 146. The manor belongs to the Rev. R. Delap The manor-house is an ancient moated edifice, and is now a farm-house. R. House is the seat of T. Cranfield, Esq. The living is a vicarage, united with Great Barford, in the diocese of Ely. Value, £288. Patron, Trinity College, Cambridge. The church is ancient, and contains an altar-tomb of 1439. There are an Independent chapel and a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Civil Registration District: Bedford
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Bedford
Diocese: Pre-1837 – Lincoln, Post-1836 – Ely
Rural Deanery: Eaton
Poor Law Union: Bedford