Status: Ancient Parish
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1576
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1602
Nonconformists include: Primitive Methodist. Wesleyan Methodist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
PAVENHAM, or Pavingham, a village and a parish in the district and county of Bedford. The village stands on the river Ouse, 2½ miles N W of Oakley r. station and 5½ N W of Bedford; and has a post-office under Bedford. The parish comprises 1, 340 acres. Real property, £2, 905. Pop., 536. Houses, 116. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to Alston, Esq. Pavenham Bury is the seat of J. Tucker, Esq. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Ely. Value, £200. Patron, J. Tucker, Esq. The church has aisles, S transept, and tower and spire; and contains very fine oak carvings. There are two Methodist chapels and a Church of England school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Civil Registration District: Bedford
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Bedford
Diocese: Pre-1837 – Lincoln, Post-1836 – Ely
Rural Deanery: Clapham
Poor Law Union: Bedford