Status: Ancient Parish
Alternative names: Milton Bryant
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1559
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1602
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
MILTON-BRYANT, a village and a parish in Woburn district, Beds. The village stands 2¼ miles SE of Woburn, and 4½ SE of Woburn-Sands r. station; and has a post office under Woburn. The parish comprises 1,480 acres. Real property, £2,118. Pop., 345. Houses, 72. The property is divided among a few. Two manors here belonged, at Domesday, to Hugh de Beauchamp and the Bishop of Baienx; went to Sir Francis Bryan and Woburn abbey; and passed to Sir Hugh Inglis, Bart. The Manor-House is the seat of Lady Inglis. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £252. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church has a white tower and a painted window; and contains a monument, by Chantrey, to Sir H. Inglis. There is a parochial school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Civil Registration District: Woburn
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Bedford
Diocese: Pre-1837 – Lincoln, Post-1836 – Ely
Rural Deanery: Dunstable
Poor Law Union: Woburn