Ocker Hill Staffordshire Family History Guide
Ocker Hill is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Staffordshire, created in 1845 from Tipton St Martin Ancient Parish.
Alternative names: Tipton St Mark
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1834
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
OCKER-HILL, a hamlet and a chapelry in Tipton parish, Stafford. The hamlet lies on the Walsall and Wolverhampton railway, near the Birmingham canal, 1½mile SW of Wednesbury; and has a station on the railway . The chapelry was constituted in 1845; and its post town is Tipton. Rated property, £8,500. Pop. in 1861, 3,787. Houses, 726. The property is subdivided. The inhabitants share in the iron manufactories and other industry of Tipton and Wednesbury. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £150. Patron, alternately the Crown and the Bishop. The church was built in 1850, at a cost of about £2, 500; and is an edifice of blue brick, in the later English style.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Dudley
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Handsworth
Poor Law Union: Dudley
Hundred: South Offlow