Quarnford Staffordshire Family History Guide
Quarnford is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Staffordshire, created in 1752 from chapelry in Alstonfield Ancient Parish.
Other places in the parish include: Hollingsclough, Heathylee, Flash, and Broncote.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1744
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1795
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
QUARNFORD, a township-chapelry in Allstonefield parish, Stafford; adjacent to Derbyshire and Cheshire, 4¾ miles SSW of Buxton r. station. It contains the village of Flash; and its post town is Buxton. Acres, 3,330. Real property, £1,181. Pop. in 1851, 665; in 1861, 549; Houses, 130. The manor-belongs to Sir John Crewe, Bart. A silk mill and a flax mill are at Gladbach. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £85. Patron, Sir. J. Crewe, Bart. There are a Wesleyan chapel and an endowed school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Church Records – Indexes
Civil Registration District: Leek
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Alstonfield
Poor Law Union: Leek
Hundred: North Totmonslow