Mildenhall is an Ancient Parish in the county of Wiltshire.

Alternative names: Minall

Other places in the parish include: Stitchcomb and Poulton.

Parish church:

Parish registers begin:

  • Parish registers: 1560
  • Bishop’s Transcripts: 1605

Nonconformists include:

Adjacent Parishes

  • Preshute
  • Marlborough St Mary the Virgin
  • South Savernake with Brimslade and Cadley
  • Ogbourne St Andrew
  • Ogbourne St George
  • North Savernake
  • Ramsbury with Axford
  • Great Bedwyn

Historical Descriptions

Mildenhall

The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870

MILDENHALL, a parish in Marlborough district, Wilts; on the river Kennet, 2 miles ENE of Marlborough r. station. It contains the tythings of Poulton and Stitchcomb, and has a post office under Marlborough. Acres, 4,025. Real property, £4,295. Pop., 466. Houses, 96. The property is divided among a few. The surface is hilly, and consists partly of chalk downs. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £756. Patron, Soames, Esq. The church is ancient but good, and has a tower. There are an endowed school with £100 a year, and charities £5.

Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].

Poulton

The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870

Poulton, a tything in Mildenhall parish, Wilts; 1 mile NE of Marlborough.

Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A Fullerton & Co. N.d.c. [1870-72].

Parish Records

FamilySearch – Birth Marriage & Death Census Migration & Naturalization Military Probate & Court

Maps

Vision of Britain historical maps

Administration

County: Wiltshire
Civil Registration District: Marlborough
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Wiltshire
Diocese: Salisbury
Rural Deanery: Marlborough
Poor Law Union: Marlborough
Hundred: Selkley
Province: Canterbury

Photographs