Kenderchurch is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Herefordshire, created in 1750 from chapelry in Kentchurch, Herefordshire Ancient Parish.
Status: Ecclesiastical Parish
Alternative names: Howton, Kender Church
Parish church: St. Mary
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1757
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1661
- Ewyas Harold
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
KENDERCHURCH, a parish in the district and county of Hereford; on the river Dore and the Hereford and Abergavenny railway, 1 mile NNE of Pontrilas r. station, and 2 SE of Abbeydore. Post town, Pontrilas, under Hereford. Acres, 783. Real property, £990. Pop., 99. Houses, 16. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £58. Patron, the Earl of Oxford. The church is ancient, was recently restored, and stands on an eminence.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Hereford
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Archenfield
Poor Law Union: Dore