Status:  Ancient Parish

Alternative names: Ladbrooke

Parish church: All Saints

Parish registers begin:

  • Parish registers: 1558
  • Bishop’s Transcripts: 1662

Nonconformists include:

Adjacent Parishes

Historical Descriptions

The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870

LADBROOKE, a. parish, with a village, in Southam district, Warwick; near the river Itchen, 1½ mile ESE of Harbury r. station, and 2 S by W of Southam. Post-town, Southam, under Rugby. Acres, with Lower Hodnel and Upper Hodnel extra-parochial places, 3,951. Real property, £3,317. Pop., 274. Houses, 61. The property is divided among a few. The manor belonged formerly to the Palmer family, and belongs now to C. R. P. Morewood, Esq. Ladbrooke Gorse is a meet for the Warwickshire hounds. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £441. Patron, the Rev. T. A. Vincent. The church is ancient and very good; has a fine tower and spire; and contains a rich silver-gilt communion service, and several monuments of the Palmers. Charities, £42.

Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].

History

Ladbroke and its owners : with ten portraits and map

Parish Records

FamilySearch – Birth Marriage & Death Census Migration & Naturalization Military Probate & Court

Church records

Bishop’s transcripts for Ladbrooke, 1662-1846

Parish registers for Ladbrooke, 1559-1923

Church records – Indexes

Parish register printouts of Ladbroke, Warwick, England, christenings, 1745-1875

Census

Census returns for Ladbrooke, 1841-1891

Land and property

Overseers of the poor, 1864-1866

Parish registers for Ladbrooke, 1559-1923

Maps

Vision of Britain historical maps

Administration

County: Warwickshire
Civil Registration District: Southam
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
Diocese: Worcester
Rural Deanery: Marton
Poor Law Union: Southam
Hundred: Knightlow
Province: Canterbury

Photographs