Lower Shuckburgh Warwickshire Family History Guide
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1678; see also Priors Hardwick
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1662
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
SHUCKBURGH (Lower and Upper), two parishes in Southam district, Warwick; 5 and 4½ miles W of Daventry r. station. Post town, Daventry. Acres, 870 and 910. Real property, £1,902 and £2,075. Pop., 152 and 60. Houses, 34 and 11. The manors, with S. Hall, belong to Sir F. Shuckburgh, Bart. The livings are united p. curacies in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £30. Patron, Sir F. Shuckburgh, Bart. The church was rebuilt in 1846. There is a free school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851
Shuckburgh (Lower), a parish in the Burton-Dassett division of the hund. of Kington, union of Southam, county of Warwick; 4¼ miles east by north of Southam, crossed by the Oxford canal. Living, a curacy to the vicarage of Priors-Hardwick. Tithes commuted in 1778. Here is a daily school. Acres 870. Houses 35. A. P. £1,961. Pop., in 1801, 144; in 1831, 165. Poor rates, in 1838, £57 1s.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
Church records – Indexes
Civil Registration District: Southam
Probate Court: Pre-1837 – Court of the Bishop of Lichfield and Coventry (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1836 – Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Stonleigh
Poor Law Union: Southam