Caldecote Cambridgeshire Family History Guide
Status: Ancient Parish
Alternative names: Caldecot
Parish church: St. Michael
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1662
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1599
- Dry Drayton
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CALDECOTE, a parish in Caxton district, Cambridge; on an affluent of the river Cam, 3¼ miles ESE of Caxton, and 6¾ SW of Histon r. station. Post Town, Caxton, under Royston. Acres, 833. Real property, £1,026. Pop., 93. Houses, 22. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the rectory of Toft, in the diocese of Ely. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1845
Caldecote (St. Michael), a parish, in the union of Caxton and Arrington, hundred of Longstow, county of Cambridge, 4 miles (E. by S.) from Caxton; containing 117 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, annexed to the rectory of Toft, and valued in the King’s books at £3. 11. 0 1/2.: the tithes have been commuted for £69. A school-house, built by subscription, is endowed with £18 per annum, left by a late rector.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis Fifth Edition Published London; by S. Lewis and Co., 13, Finsbury Place, South. M. DCCC. XLV.
Civil Registration District: Caxton
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Ely
Rural Deanery: Bourn
Poor Law Union: Caxton