Status: Ancient Parish
Parish church: All Saints
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1593
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1599
Nonconformists include: Baptist
- Cherry Hinton
- Fen Ditton
- Fulbourn All Saints
- Little Wilbraham
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
TEVERSHAM, a parish in Chesterton district, Cambridge; 2¼ miles NW by W of Fulbourn r. station, and 3 E of Cambridge. Post town, Cambridge. Acres, 1,200. Real property, £1,777. Pop., 231. Houses, 55. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £352. Patron, the Bishop of Ely. The church was restored in 1863. There are a national school, and charities £29.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Lewis Topographical Dictionary of England 1845
TEVERSHAM (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Chesterton, hundred of Flendish, county of Cambridge, 3 ½ miles (E.) from Cambridge; containing 220 inhabitants. It is situated on the road from Cambridge to Newmarket, and comprises by admeasurement 1187 acres. The living is a rectory, in the patronage of the Bishop of Ely, valued in the king’s books at £19. 16. 0½.; net income, £352. The tithes were commuted for land and a money payment in 1810; there is a parsonage-house, and the glebe contains 226 acres. Lady Joan Jermy bequeathed a cottage and 17 acres of land, for charitable uses, in lieu of the latter of which two parcels of land were set out at the inclosure of the parish, comprising respectively 21p. and 11a. 2p.; the house and land now produce about £30 per annum, applied to educating young children, and relieving the poor.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis Fifth Edition Published London; by S. Lewis and Co., 13, Finsbury Place, South. M. DCCC. XLV.
Civil Registration District: Chesterton
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Ely (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Cambridge
Poor Law Union: Chesterton