Status: Ancient Parish
Alternative names: Kentisbeare All Saints
Parish church: All Saints
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1840
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
- Kentisbeare St Mary
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BLACKBOROUGH, a parish in Tiverton district, Devon; on the W side of Black Down, 4½ miles SE of Tiverton Junction r. station, and 6 ENE of Collumpton. It has a post office under Collumpton. Acres, 508. Pop., 76. Houses, 16. The manor belongs to the Earl of Egremont. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £140. Patron, the Earl of Egremont. The church is modern; consists of nave and chancel, with tower and octagonal spire; and stands conspicuously on an eminence.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Tiverton
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Exeter
Rural Deanery: Plymtree
Poor Law Union: Tiverton