Status: Ancient Parish

Parish church:

Parish registers begin:

  • Parish registers: 1757
  • Bishop’s Transcripts: 1672

Nonconformists include:

Adjacent Parishes

  • Lower Shuckburgh
  • Napton on the Hill
  • Catesby
  • Staverton
  • Hellidon
  • Priors Marston
  • Wolfhampcote

Historical Descriptions

The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851

Shuckburgh (Upper), a parish in the Southam division of the hund. of Knightlow, union of Southam, county of Warwick; 5½ miles east by south of Southam. Living, a perpetual curacy, formerly in the archd. of Coventry and dio. of Lichfield and Coventry, now in the dio. of Worcester; not in charge; gross income £30. Patron, in 1841, Sir F. Shuckburgh, Bart. Acres 910. Houses 9. A. P. £1,961. Pop., in 1801, 28; in 1831, 40. Poor rates, in 1838, £63 15s.

Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.

Parish Records

FamilySearch – Birth Marriage & Death Census Migration & Naturalization Military Probate & Court

Poll Books

Poll Book, South Warwickshire Election, 1865 by Henry Mills

Maps

Vision of Britain historical maps

Administration

  • County: Warwickshire
  • Civil Registration District: Southam
  • Probate Court: Pre-1837 – Court of the Bishop of Lichfield and Coventry (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1836 – Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
  • Diocese: Worcester
  • Rural Deanery: Marton
  • Poor Law Union: Southam
  • Hundred: Knightlow
  • Province: Canterbury