Burton Hastings Warwickshire Family History Guide
Status: Ancient Parish
Parish church: St Botolph
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1574
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1662
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BURTON-HASTINGS, a parish in the district of Hinckley and county of Warwick; on Watling-street and Ashby-de-la-Zouch canal, adjacent to the Trent Valley railway, 2 miles N of Bulkington r. station, and 3½ ESE of Nuneaton. Post Town, Bulkington, under Rugby. Acres, 1,910. Real property, £2,856. Pop., 199. Houses, 48. The manor belonged, in the time of Edward IV., to William Lord Hastings; and passed, by marriage, to the Cotton family. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £87. Patron, W. Bucknill, Esq. The church is good; and there are charities £28.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Hinckley
Probate Court: Pre-1837 – Court of the Bishop of Lichfield and Coventry (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1836 – Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Arden
Poor Law Union: Hinckley