Rodington, Shropshire Family History Guide
Rodington is an Ancient Parish in the county of Shropshire.
Other places in the parish include: Sugden.
Alternative names: Roddinton
Parish church: St. George
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1678
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1631
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
RODINGTON, a township and a parish in Wellington district, Salop. The township lies on the river Roden and the Shrewsbury canal, 2 miles N of Walcott r. station, and 4¾ WNW of Wellington: and has a post-office under Shrewsbury. The parish contains also the township of Sugden; and comprises 1,615 acres. Real property, £2,831. Pop., 481. Houses, 106. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £270. Patron, the Lord Chancellor The church is modern. There are a Wesleyan chapel, and charities £18.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Shropshire Gazetteer 1824
Rodington. A parish in the Wellington division of the hundred of Bradford, South, a rectory discharged, in the diocese of Coventry and Lichfield, the deanery of Salop, and archdeaconry of Salop. 6 miles north-east by east of Shrewsbury. 88 houses, 445 inhabitants.Source: The Shropshire Gazetteer, with an Appendix, including a Survey of the County and Valuable Miscellaneous Information, with Plates. Printed and Published by T. Gregory, Wem, 1824
Parish Register Transcriptions
Civil Registration District: Wellington (Shropshire)
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Wellington
Poor Law Union: Wellington
Hundred: South Bradford