Ratlinghope is an Ancient Parish in the county of Shropshire.
Other places in the parish include: Stitt with Gatten, Stitt and Gattin, and Stitt and Gatten.
Parish church: St. Margaret
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1755
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1638
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
RATLINGHOPE, a township and a parish in Clun district, Salop. The township lies on the river Onny, 4½ miles W N W of Church-Stretton r. station. The parish contains also the township of Stitt-with-Gatten; and its post town is Church-Stretton, Shropshire. Acres, 5,559. Rated property, £2,299. Pop., 285. Houses, 45. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to R. Scott, Esq. Part of the land is waste. A thin vein of copper ore has been found. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £65. Patrons, B. and W. Hawkins, Esqs. The church is tolerable.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Clun
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Pontesbury
Poor Law Union: Clun