Petton Shropshire Family History Guide

Status: Ecclesiastical Parish

Parish church:

Parish registers begin:

  • Parish registers: 1695
  • Bishop’s Transcripts: 1631

Nonconformists include:

Adjacent Parishes

Historical Descriptions

The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870

PETTON, a parish in Ellesmere district, Salop; 2¼ miles N by E of Baschurch r. station, and 4½ S W of Wem. Post-town, Baschurch, under Shrewsbury. Acres, 822. Rated property, £893. Pop., 45. Houses, 5. P. Hall is a chief residence. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £160. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is good.

Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].

Parish Records

FamilySearch – Birth Marriage & Death Census Migration & Naturalization Military Probate & Court

Maps

Vision of Britain historical maps

Administration

County: Shropshire
Civil Registration District: Ellesmere
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Diocese: Lichfield
Rural Deanery: Ellesmere
Poor Law Union: Ellesmere
Hundred: Pimhill
Province: Canterbury

Advertisements